Friday, June 5, 2009

Missy Maintains









Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tribe vs. Sabra Hummus!
Yesterday afternoon I ended up eating both snacks I had. I guess chewing gum did not make a huge difference in how much I ate. I had an apple and a Quaker True Delight Bar with some Peach Ginger Green Tea. I was not even hungry but knew I needed some fuel before the gym.

It was not quite ready yet when I got home so I decided to snack on some hummus! Pam from Tribe Hummus was kind enough to send me a coupon for a free container so I got Roasted Red Pepper to try!

I still had some Sabra Roasted Red Pepper left so I decided to compare the two!



The Tribe was much darker in color. It had tiny chunks of red peppers throughout the hummus.

The Sabra comes with a big pile of roasted red peppers on top of the hummus. I usually mix them right in as soon as I open the container. It seems to contain a lot more peppers than Tribe.



I decided to try the both flavors on cucumbers to compare the taste. First was Tribe.

At first I was not too thrilled with the flavor. It had a weird, artificial taste but seemed to get a little better after each scoop I took.
Next I tried Sabra.
I already knew I was in love with Sabra from the start but wanted to see how it compared. It had a much better flavor to me. It tasted more natural and was also much creamier in texture. The boy also agreed with me that Sabra was much better.
I compared the nutrition facts next.

Tribe:
Serving Size: 2 TBSP
Calories: 40
Total Fat: 2.5g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 125mg
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 1g

Ingredients:
Chickpeas (chickpeas, water), Roasted Red Peppers, Canola Oil, Sesame Tahini, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Spices, Natural Roasted Garlic Flavor

Sabra:
Serving Size: 2 TBSP
Calories: 70
Total Fat: 6g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 120mg
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 1g

Ingredients:
Cooked Chick Peas (Chick Peas [Garbanzos] Water), Tahini (Ground Sesame), Soybean and or Canola Oil, Red Bell Pepper, Garlic, Salt, Citric Acid, Seasoning and Spices, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate added to maintain freshness.

Tribe wins in the nutritional department since it has 30 less calories, 3.5 fewer grams of fat, and a shorter ingredient list. I would honestly still prefer Sabra since it tastes so much better and is much creamier! They are both wonderful brands and go great on sandwiches, chips, and veggies! I can never have too much hummus :)

No comments: