Friday, June 25, 2010

We Rate Stuff

http://wrs.btastic.com/theme/wrs_logoG.png

Sabra Hummus
June 25, 2010
View Article

Hummus Review
Hummus is a delicious snack I only started to eat in the past few years, but I'm glad I did. It as an exquisite taste and there are a million different versions to try it in, like Supremely Spicy, Roasted Garlic, Sun Dried Tomato, and more. More on the other side.

Hummus was an entirely foreign concept to me a few years ago. I mean I'm 25% Persian so that's kind of ridiculous, but it pretty much also explains why I love it so damn much now. I first tried it at a hookah bar and was basically blown away. If you don't know what Hummus consists of, it's basically chick peas, or garbanzo beans, crushed up into a paste, with various spices and a bit of oil. It's simple to make at home for extremely cheap, and the price in stores isn't too bad. The best part is it's relatively healthy and a great substitute for when I'd otherwise be eating some type of meat.

Now, I've had multiple brands of hummus, store-bought, home-made, etc. Home-made hummus has the advantage of your ability to control the taste and healthiness of it, but for some reason I can never get it to taste as good as Sabra brand hummus. I don't know what they do, but it blows my taste buds away every time I eat it. In fact I'm eating it right now, and it has never tasted better. Sabra has tons of different flavors of hummus, too; for example, my favorites are Supremely Spicy (finely chopped up spanish peppers and spices), Roasted Garlic (finely chopped garlic), and Original. They have lots of exotic flavors like JalapeƱo, Luscious Lemon, Chipotle, Hummus with Salsa (can't find it but dying to try it), Greek Olive, and more.

If you've never tasted hummus, it's thick and pasty like a bean dip or something. It's very savory with almost a smokey hint to it. It has an intense taste, which is great. I usually get a container of Sabra hummus and a six pack of Toufayan whole wheat pita bread and boom, there's basically two meals. You can dip whatever you want in it, too; when I get tired of dipping bread in it, I use tortilla chips and it's a whole different taste and textural experience. Hummus is basically a superfood; it's lightweight, relatively healthy, relatively cheap (about $5.28 for the hummus and pita bread where I get it), absolutely delicious, and comes in an enormous variety of flavors. And nobody does it better than Sabra.

No comments: