Friday, June 17, 2011

Short Pump Preppy: My Day at Sabra Here in Virginia #tastemakers





My Day at Sabra Here in Virginia #tastemakers
by Linda on May 13, 2011 in Food, Photos
View Article

I had the opportunity to tour the local Sabra plant and meet with the fabulous team there. I love hummus and I love factory tours and I love blogger events.

The trifecta of happiness…

I was asked to be part of the Sabra Tastemakers. It’s a diverse group of bloggers concerned with food and healthy eating. There’s nothing like connecting with people online who you might not otherwise meet.

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner in downtown Richmond, and the next morning headed to the state of the art Sabra plant. A day of HUMMUS!

they made sure we looked super cute


Loved experiencing the behind the scenes technology and seeing first hand how hummus is made from chickpea stage to flavored spread. The plant is state of the art and eco-conscious – bamboo flooring, reclaiming and recycling water… they work hard to make sure they stay on the cusp of green manufacturing technology.

And then there’s the hummus…


Then we got to taste it. 2 new flavors. Buffalo Style and Basil Pesto. They might be the best yet. Look for them.

NOMMINESS

I had to leave early, so I missed a lot of the really really good food. But that’s ok, because Iowa Girl Eats has a great recap of all the goodies.

I’ll have more to share. For now if you want to learn more about Sabra, you can find them on Facebook, or follow their Sabra Adventure Tour that may be coming to a city near you! Maybe you’d like to become one of their Sabra Brand Ambassadors where you might win a trip to NYC! Check it out!

As a Sabra Tastemaker I have an ongoing sponsored relationship with Sabra. As always opinions are my own.

No comments: