Friday, August 21, 2009

The Skinny Plate








Sabra Hummus Roasted Red Pepper
August 21, 2009
View Article

Sabra hummus always has the prettiest presentation. The center is garnished with lots of red peppers and the color of the hummus is a creamy red color. The texture is consistent with the other Sabra hummus I’ve tried in the past — rich, smooth and really creamy. I’ve had hummus where the texture is grainy. Yuck! The red pepper flavor along with other spices complemented each other well. The red pepper flavor is not overwhelming, but I wish it could be a little stronger. Because of the nice and creamy texture, I like it on my Alternative Pita Bread and inside my “crack wraps.” Hummus goes well with practically everything. Fresh veggies and Ak Maks are my other favorite hummus dippers. Costco has the best deals for Sabra hummus. You get a ginormous tub for only $5.99. I usually freeze half of the tub in little single serving sizes and leave the other half of the tub in the fridge. That gives me plenty of time to enjoy my hummus without feeling rushed to finish it before the expiration date.

Sabra has so many flavors I want to try. Doesn’t these names sound appealing? Cranberry & Fig, Sun-dried Tomato, Caramelized Onion, Chipotle, and Peppradew. Those are the new flavors Sabra just came out with. I haven’t even gotten a chance to try out all the original flavors yet and now you are telling me you have NEW flavors. Need to catch up. Would I buy the Roasted Red Pepper flavor again? Probably not since there are so many other Sabra flavors to try and I like the Roasted Garlic Flavor more. Of course, there are other lower in calories hummus out there on the market, but I like the smooth and creamy texture of Sabra so much that I don’t mind the extra calories.

One serving of 2 tbsp is 70 calories, 2 WW, 6 grams of fat (1 gram saturated), zero cholesterol, 120 milligram of sodium, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 1 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein.

Retails: $4.49 per 10 ounce tub @ Pavilions
My Cost: $2.99 (on sale)
Calories: 70 per 2 tbsp
WW: 2

No comments: